Effective Date: April 22, 2022
You are currently viewing the sonataabank.com Web page or a page of a related website belonging to Sonata Bank (the “Website”). Sonata Bank (“Sonata,” “we” or “our") maintains this Website for itself.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY NOTICES – COPYRIGHTS, TRADEMARKS, AND RESTRICTIONS ON USE
All of the pages and screens on the Website are owned and controlled by Sonata, except as otherwise expressly stated, and are protected by U.S. copyright laws. The copyrighted materials on the Website include, but are not limited to, the text, design, software, images, graphics, source code, and the content on the Website. You are authorized to view the information available on the Website for your informational purposes only. You may download copyrighted materials for your personal or internal business purposes only. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading copyrighted material. You may not copy, display, distribute, transfer, link to, reproduce, license, frame, alter, create derivative works of or republish all or any portion of the Website for any commercial or public purpose without Sonata’s prior written consent.
“Sonata Bank” and the Sonata Bank symbol and design are federally registered trademarks owned by Sonata. Other featured words used on the Website to identify the source of goods and services are trademarks and service marks owned by Sonata or owned by third parties. You may not use, copy, display, distribute, modify or reproduce any of the trademarks found on the Website except as authorized in this paragraph. You may not use any of the Sonata trademarks as a link to the Website except pursuant to a written trademark license agreement.
All references on Sonata’s Website to the corporate names, trade names, trademarks and service marks of third parties are intended to accurately identify such parties as the sources of specific products and services. In many instances, the referenced names and marks are the subject of federal, state and international registrations. Sonata makes no claim of any interest or license under any such names and marks of other parties identified in this Website, and Sonata acknowledges the proprietary rights of such other parties to their identified names and marks. Sonata’s use of such names and marks is only for purposes of proper identification, and there is no intention on the part of Sonata to improperly use or dilute the proprietary rights of the owners and authorized users of such names and marks.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND ADVERTISERS
WEB CONTENT AND MATERIALS
Not all of the Services are available in all geographic areas. You may not be eligible for all the Services described on this Website. Your eligibility for Services is subject to our final determination and acceptance. Sonata may discontinue or make changes to the Services at any time. Any dated information is published as of its date only. Sonata reserves the right to terminate or change any or all Web offerings without prior notice to you.
SONATA OR ITS SUPPLIERS MAY DISCONTINUE OR MAKE CHANGES IN THE INFORMATION OR SERVICES DESCRIBED HEREIN AT ANY TIME. ANY DATED INFORMATION IS PUBLISHED AS OF ITS DATE ONLY, AND SONATA DOES NOT UNDERTAKE ANY OBLIGATION OR RESPONSIBILITY TO UPDATE OR AMEND ANY SUCH INFORMATION. SONATA RESERVES THE RIGHT TO TERMINATE ANY OR ALL WEB OFFERINGS WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE TO THE USER.
COMMUNICATIONS VIA THIS WEBSITE
Except where expressly indicated otherwise, transmissions to and from this Website or otherwise directed to Sonata, including e-mails, are not sent in a secure form and can be intercepted by third parties and may not ultimately be received by the appropriate Sonata representatives. Please do not use e-mail to send us communications which contain confidential information or email us information that we otherwise require to be in writing or regarding matters that need immediate attention. In such circumstances, rather than email, please call us at one of the numbers provided in this Website. Any transmission to this Website, including emails, shall be deemed and remain the property of Sonata. Sonata shall be free to use, for any purpose, any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques that you provide to us through this Website or through Sonata Online Banking.
SECURITIES LAW AND OTHER DISCLOSURES
The information herein is not an offer to sell, or to solicit an offer to purchase any securities by anyone in any authority in which such offer or solicitation is not authorized, or in which Sonata or the person making such an offer is not qualified to do so, or to anyone to whom it is unlawful to make such an offer or solicitation, or to anyone in any authority outside of the United States. Investment products and services, including, but not limited to securities (including mutual funds) and annuities, are (i) not bank deposits and are not FDIC insured, (ii) not obligations of or guaranteed by Sonata and (iii) products that involve investment risks, including the possible loss of the principal amount invested.
INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH THE WEBSITE
- Sonata collects information from Website visitors and obtains information from third parties (including from service providers) while providing our mortgage and loan origination services which we may add to the data we obtain through the Website. The information collected through the Website includes:
- Personal and Loan-related Information. You may provide us with information about you, which may include personal information and information relating to or necessary for the initiation, processing, or completion of certain financial transactions, including the issuance of loans.
- Transactional Information. We may also create transactional records of each of the transactions or other events occurring through the Website. This transactional information is generally collected (i) to enable our Services, including loan document creation, origination, management, and distribution, (ii) to enable the services provided by third parties (including determinations regarding qualification for loans or the interest rates to be applied to loans), and (iii) to enable Sonata Bank to comply with various legal obligations.
- Device and Usage Information. Like most online services, the Website collects standard technical, non-personal information when you use it, including internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser types, internet service providers (ISPs), the pages and content you view or interact with on the Website, the information you search for, and the dates and times that you visit the Website.
- Cookies and Other Technologies. The Website collects certain information using “cookies” and other tracking technologies. Cookies are small files that your browser places on your computer. We may use session cookies, persistent cookies, and other tracking technologies to better understand how you interact with the Website, to monitor usage by our users and web traffic routing on our services, and to improve and personalize the Website. Many Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. You may be able to instruct your browser to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting cookies from the websites you visit. Google provides some additional privacy options relating to Google analytics, described at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. We do not respond to “do not track” browser signals currently. We may also use web beacons, which are transparent graphic images on a webpage or within the body of one of our marketing emails, to allow us to measure visitor actions and assess the effectiveness of our email marketing campaigns. For example, we use web beacons in our email marketing to track instances where a user clicks through a link in the email.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We and service providers working on our behalf use information collected on the Website in a variety of ways intended to provide the Website and Services and to operate our business, including the following:
- To Provide our Services. We use the information that we collect (i) to operate, maintain, enhance and provide the Website and our Services, (ii) to provide other services and information that you request, and (iii) to provide customer support to you and other parties.
- To Improve, Analyze, and Personalize the Website and Services. We use the information that we collect to understand and analyze usage trends and preferences; to monitor and analyze the effectiveness of the Website and Services; to improve the Website and Services and develop new products, services, features, and functionality; and to personalize the Website and Services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you use the Website, or providing customized content and information.
- To Contact You. We may use your email address or other information we collect to contact you for administrative purposes such as customer service or to send communications, including marketing or promotional communications, relating to the Website and Services. Generally, you can opt out of receiving promotional communications as described below.
- Aggregate Data. We aggregate data collected through the Website and use it for purposes such as creating and sharing reports about the use of our products and services, including users’ interests, usage patterns, and trends.
- We may use non-identifiable information that you provide or that we collect to improve or tailor the effectiveness of advertising on the Website and to provide advertisements and other content that is tailored to you.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
We may share, transfer, or disclose your information if you consent to us doing so, as well as in the following circumstances:
- To Service Providers. We work with third party service providers to provide services including loan or transaction processing or administration; Website hosting and other similar services, development and maintenance; advertising and marketing services; and other services related to the Website and Services for us. These third parties may have access to or process your information as part of providing those services for us. Generally, we limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and we require them to agree to maintain the confidentiality of such information. These service providers are not permitted to use information we share that might identify you for any purpose other than to provide services to Sonata or to you.
- In Aggregate Form. We may make certain aggregated non-personal information available to third parties for various purposes, including (i) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our users’ interests, usage patterns, and borrowing and loan origination trends.
- Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement; Protection of Our Rights. We may disclose your information (including your personal information) to a third party if (a) we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (b) to enforce our agreements, policies and terms of service, (c) to protect the security or integrity of the Website or Services, (d) to protect the property, rights, and safety of Sonata Bank, our users or the public from harm or illegal activities, (e) to respond to an emergency which we believe in the good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person, or (f) to investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations.
- In Significant Business Transactions. Your information, including personal information, may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to an acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
OUR POLICY CONCERNING CHILDREN
The Website is not directed to children under 13, and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 through the Website. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information through the Website, we will take steps to delete such information.
DISCLAIMER; NO WARRANTY; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
THE SERVICES ARE OFFERED ON AN “AS IS,” “WHERE IS” AND “WHERE AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITH NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND-WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY-INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THIS DOES NOT AFFECT THOSE WARRANTIES WHICH ARE INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION, RESTRICTION OR MODIFICATION UNDER THE LAWS APPLICABLE TO THIS AGREEMENT, IF ANY.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT NEITHER SONATA NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES OR THE WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE; NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE SERVICES OR THE WEBSITE, OR AS TO THE TIMELINESS, SEQUENCE, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS OR CONTENT OF ANY INFORMATION, SERVICE, OR MERCHANDISE PROVIDED THROUGH THE SERVICES AND THE WEBSITE. SONATA DOES NOT ENDORSE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES APPEARING ON LINKED SITES OR PURCHASED VIA LINKED SITES. (THIS DOES NOT AFFECT ANY MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTIES THAT THE PROVIDERS OF THE LINKED SITES OTHERWISE OFFER.) YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
GOVERNING LAW AND VENUE
Sonata Bank, a banking corporation chartered under the laws of the State of Tennessee, maintains this Website for itself and for certain Affiliates. Accordingly, your general use of this Website is subject to the terms and conditions herein which shall be interpreted according to Tennessee law, without regard to its conflict of law provisions, and to the laws of the United States, except where otherwise provided in any of the agreement or addendums governing the Services referenced in this Website.
SEVERABILITY; NO WAIVER
You may be invited to register at the Website to help us tailor the Service for your personal and business financial needs and to alert you of other products and services for you or your business. In registering for the Service, you agree to provide accurate, true, current, and complete information about you and your business as requested by the registration screens. As a convenience to you, a profile for you or your business may be created based on the registration information that you provide.
You agree that all suggestions, comments, and feedback that you submit at or via this Website in connection with any Sonata products and services (“Feedback”) shall be deemed to be non-confidential. Sonata shall have no obligation to keep such Feedback confidential, except as otherwise specifically agreed or required by law. Sonata also shall be free to use or exploit in any way and for any purpose any Feedback without any restriction of any kind. Such Feedback may include ideas for new or improved products or services, concepts, know-how, techniques, etc.
ACCESS CODE FOR ONLINE APPLICATIONS
In connection with online applications for certain Sonata products or services (such as, but not limited to, credit card applications or mortgage loans) available via the Website, Sonata may send you a unique access code or other token to help you complete, review, or track your applications. Such access code or token is intended to be only used by you and you must not share it with anyone.
Except as expressly provided below, no part of the information or other content on this Website may be redistributed, copied, reproduced or otherwise used without prior written consent of Sonata.
Notwithstanding the above restriction, financial publications (i.e., publishers of, or writers for magazines, newspapers and other printed materials related in whole or in part to the financial services and banking industry) may download a copy of the biographical information, including all text and photographs, of the members of the Sonata executive management team, board of directors, or advisory board members displayed on this Website (the “Biographical Content”). Financial publications may download the Biographical Content solely for the purpose of displaying the Biographical Content in the financial publication. The Biographical Content is provided as is, may not be altered or modified in any way, and must be used in its entirety with respect to each individual. This is a license only and not a transfer of title to any of the Biographical Content. Sonata owns all rights in and to the Biographical Content. As a condition of this license, the individual or entity downloading the Biographical Content consents to Sonata’s approval or disapproval of any use thereof that Sonata finds objectionable, in its sole discretion. Sonata reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate access to any or all of the Biographical Content or any portion thereof, at any time, by providing written notice (i.e., whether by mail, courier, hand delivery or electronic delivery) to the financial publication. Upon receipt of such notice, the financial publication shall immediately cease all downloading and other use of the Biographical Content, destroy all copies (i.e., whether printed or electronic, and whether partial or whole) of the Biographical Content and all publications containing such Biographical Content, and if requested by Sonata, print a retraction in the financial publication and take any other corrective actions requested by Sonata in its sole discretion. The individual or entity downloading the Biographical Content agrees it will not be used in connection with content that is libelous or otherwise unlawful, abusive, immoral, vulgar, obscene or threatening material, or content that will constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered criminal. Such individual or entity shall remain solely responsible for the content of any publication containing the Biographical Content of any individual, and, as a condition of the license granted herein, and as partial consideration, therefore, shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless, Sonata and its affiliates, and the officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives of any of the foregoing (i.e., including but not limited to all Sonata officers, directors, employees, and agents) for any claim based on such content.
Sonata has certain measures in place to maintain the security, confidentiality and integrity of the information gathered through the Website, and to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of such information. While we take measures to protect your personal information against security breaches and unauthorized access, we cannot guarantee that our safeguards will be effective all of the time against all security threats.
HOW TO ACCESS AND UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION
You can access and update the information that you have provided to us as follows:
- If you are a Sonata customer, you can access and update certain personal information in connection with your account or application by logging into your account online.
- You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request to review, amend or delete certain personal information collected by us.
- Please note that we may not be able to delete all information we collect through the Website.
- You may opt-out of receiving marketing emails at any time by following the steps to “unsubscribe” described in the footer of our marketing emails. Your opt-out will become effective in 10 days or less.
761 Old Hickory Blvd, Suite 400
Brentwood, TN 37027